Technical Information and In-Service Bulletins
The following information is for owners of the SIR Honda-Elise vehicles. We
have maintained the original Lotus and Honda components and hardware as much as
possible. The first sources for technical information are the OEM workshop
manuals for Lotus Elise and Honda powertrain. We have introduced a minimum of
new, unique components for the installation of the Honda engine. All of the SIR
new components are the best quality materials, fabrications and hardware. We are
constantly evaluating our methods, materials and engineering with vehicles in
use daily and on race tracks. We
encourage our customers to report any problems, suggestions and possibly better
ideas. And, we encourage our customers to review this web page regularly for the
latest news and technical information that will maintain the state of the art
technical aspects and long term enjoyment of your Honda-Elise on "the road
less traveled." Owners are advised to contact SIR directly to request
detailed information on the following Service Bulletins and to order new,
upgraded or revised components.
Summary by topic:
- December 2001 - The alternator
mounting Kit has been revised. Revision is required for all Versions prior to Version 5.0.
Owners should contact SIR directly to request the new components at no cost.
- December 2001 - The cooling system has been revised considerably for all
Versions prior to
Version 5.0. Owners should contact SIR for detailed instructions and
to request the required new components at no cost.
- March 2002 - SIR has developed several methods for additional cooling
capacity especially for vehicles used at high output for sustained periods.
Please contact SIR directly to request cooling up-grade Bulletin No. Cooling
- December 2001 - Bleed procedure, all Versions. Request Bulletin No. Clutch
- December 2001 - Clutch pedal adjustment. Explanation of correct method.
Request Bulleting No. Clutch 12-01-B
- December 2001 - Version 5.0 engine wiring harness and PCC control box.
Beginning w/ Version 5.0, all vehicles are now standardized w/ specially
designed PCC control box w/ all powertrain relays, circuit breakers, diodes,
etc. and; Honda engine wiring harness and Lotus chassis wiring harness
modifications that allow the entire system to be simply plug and run.
Additional changes have been made to implement the On-Board- Diagnostics.
Allowing compliance w/ various emission regulations and ability to simply
plug in the standard Honda scan tool. The wiring modifications can be made
by competent owner or technician. SIR will supply the instructions and
components at cost.
- December 2001 - New fuel line is available w/ or w/o Schrader valve for checking
- December 2001 - Up-graded hardware and installation method. Applies to all
vehicles prior to Version
Transaxle / gearbox
- December 2001 - Fluid recommendations.